Love these cute birdseed molded treats! As February rounds the corner our feathered friends here in Canada aren’t very round at all! This is a nice recipe for the birds to give them a little treat before the bugs come out and fun to give to friends and family this valentines day!
Molded Birdseed Treats
- 3/4 cup flour…
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 4 cups birdseed
- nonstick spray
- drinking straw
- wax papaer
Steps to follow:
- Combine flour, water, gelatin and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir until well blended.
- Add the birdseed to the mixture until coated.
- Spray your molds, spoon birdseed mixture into each mold. Pack down the seed until smooth, I used a small spatula. poke a hole through the top of each shape molded using a straw, making sure it goes all the way through.
- Leave the birdseed mixture in the molds for 2- 3 hours. Remove the straws, then layout the wax papaer. Gently remove the hardened shapes from the molds and place on the wax paper to dry.Leave to dry overnight.
- Cut your ribbon and carefully put through the hole.
- Package them up to give as gifts!
Health Benefits of Honey -The benefits of using honey certainly go beyond its wonderful flavor. Honey is a healthy source of carbohydrates and they give your body strength and energy.
Fix Your Cold With Honey – Honey contains several antibacterial and antioxidant properties that work in helping individuals to recover faster from their colds.