Skin care that you can eat is definitely interesting, and one of the most popular ingredients for that is raw honey.
For centuries, raw honey has been prized for its healing properties because it's very effective in treating wounds and skin disorders.
That's also why most commercialized face masks contain honey, but you have to admit, they can be pretty expensive too.
Fortunately, you can create your own face mask and combine honey with other wonderful ingredients.
Try some of my honey face mask recipes below.
This face mask recipe is a combination of raw honey, plain yogurt, and avocado.
The fats present in yogurt and avocado deeply moisturize the skin, and the lactic acid of yogurt smooths the skin, stimulates collagen production, and refines pores.
Additionally, this face mask is packed with vitamin E, B vitamins, vitamin D, vitamin A, copper, zinc, manganese, and calcium.
Basically, you'll be giving your face the nutrition it deserves!
- 1 teaspoon of avocado, mashed
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of plain yogurt
1. Combine the ingredients is a small bowl to create a mixture.
2. Apply it on your face ad let it sit for about 20-30 minutes.
3. Wash off completely.
Since this face mask is quite gentle for the skin, it can be used several times a week.
Honey is capable of calming down an acne-prone skin, and this face mask recipe is very easy to follow.
All you need is:
3 teaspoons of honey and
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Combine honey and cinnamon to create a paste-like consistency.
2. Apply it liberally on your face and leave it on for about 10-30 minutes.
The antibacterial and antiseptic properties preset in both honey and cinnamon works effectively in lightening acne marks and it could also prevent future breakout.
However, it's also important to note that cinnamon can be irritating for those with sensitive skin. Thus, doing a patch test is highly advisable to prevent irritation.
Also, since cinnamon is so powerful, this face mask recipe should only be used once a week.
Aloe is best known for soothing and calming the skin. That's why it's perfect for those who are suffering from sensitive, irritated skin.
Aside from that, it's also popular for its sunburn-soothing characteristics.
However, that's not all! It can also provide a long list of benefits for those with minor burns, rashes, blisters, scrapes, dry skin, eczema, and so on.
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons of honey
1. Combine the aloe vera gel and honey together and apply it all over your face.
2. Leave the mixture for 10-20 minutes.
This face mask is perfect for everyday use.
Lemon juice acts as a wonderful exfoliator and it can brighten the skin, reduce dark spots, and fade away acne marks.
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons raw honey
1. Combine honey and lemon juice together, and apply the mixture on your face.
2. Allow it to sit for about 20-30 minutes.