A lot of kids find bees fascinating and frightening at the same time.
Because bees have the ability to sting, most kids have a healthy respect for these interesting insects.
It's important to teach kids about bees so they can appreciate them, and also so they won't be afraid of them.
Since children are naturally curious about these incredibly disciplined and highly organized creatures, they are going to be very interested and excited to learn about this amazing insects.
Because of this, the teaching job will be so much easier for you.
* How many different types of bees there are throughout the world.
* Where bees live and the different types of bees that live in the bee colony, such as the worker bees, drones and the queen bee.
* How bees communicate to each other using the waggle dance.
* What pollination is and how bees do this when they transfer pollen from flower to flower.
* How bees make honey and honeycombs.
* What bees eat.
* That bees are the only insects in the world that make food that people can eat.
* What beekeepers do and how important their job is.
* Healthy facts about honey.
* How bees are important to our ecosystem.
* How bees are being threatened by pesticides today.
Children will enjoy learning about the different kinds of honey.
Teach them about the nutritional differences between processed honey and raw honey.
Tell them about the different flavors of honey and how the nectar from different flowers can influence the honey's flavor.
Taking kids to a honey farm is great idea.
This gives children a firsthand look at all of the details that go into honey production. Look online for a honey farm in your area and give them a call to see if they offers tours for children.
Kids will certainly get a big kick out of seeing honeycombs up close.
This will be a trip that they certainly won't forget and hopefully, they will have an appreciation for bees as they grow older.
Kids really do enjoy making delicious things in the kitchen so why not involve them in making a bread or cookie recipe that uses honey?
There are lots of recipes for cooking with honey so you won't have any trouble finding one that your family will like.
You can find many books today that are geared for children about bees.
Your local library may have a good selection of books on bees and honey.
Learning about bees is certainly an important project for kids because bees are a big part of our world.
After all, it's never too early to teach kids about the wonders of the bee world.