Honey Garlic Chicken and Rice
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) coconut oil
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) cubes
- 2 cups (500 mL) red, green and yellow peppers, cut into 1/2" (1 cm) pieces
- 1 cup (250 mL) onion, cut into 1/2" (1 cm) pieces
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1 can (14oz/398 mL) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1 ½ tbsp (20 mL) soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) grated fresh or dried ginger root
- 3 cups (750 mL) hot cooked rice
- Brown chicken well on all sides in heated oil at medium heat in large skillet. Add peppers and onion and stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add soup, pineapple, honey, soy sauce and garlic. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through – about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or fresh pasta or even a plate of lettuce.
Unused portions of ingredients can often be used as accents for accompanying dishes. Juice from the drained pineapple heightens the flavour of the rice, when used as part of its cooking liquid